ADRIONET is a project aimed to identify a set of hamlets and little cities in the Adriatic area and connecting them in a trans-national network, trying to overcome the common situation of margination and socio-demographic decline. The cooperation intends to develop at the international level the concept of “hospitable community”, where the local community assumes the position of local development driver, interpreting its own resources and values to provide accommodation and visit services for the tourist market.
Project has started on February 2020 and lasts until July 2022 and gathered seven countries and 8 partners.
Lead partner: Emilia-Romagna Region – Italy
- PP Association of Local Autonomy of Albania – Albania;
- PP Authentic Villages of Italy Association – Italy;
- PP Department for Development and International Projects of Zenica-Doboj Canton – Bosna and Hercegovina;
- PP Public institution for the development of the Međimurje County REDEA – Croatia;
- PP Region of Central Macedonia – Greece;
- PP Regional Agency for Socio – Economic Development – Banat Ltd – Serbia;
- PP Regional Development Centre Koper – Slovenia.
First meetings were held in the previous period and some of the planned activities has started.